Community is important to us! In addition to caring for the four-legged family members in our neighborhood, we’re looking for ways to give back to this incredible community and the people we serve. Our most recent efforts include:
- We’ve started a pet food drive for the Rainier Valley Food Bank. Please donate a bag of cat or dog food to our collection barrel, and we’ll say thank you with a $5 discount toward your pet’s next exam fee.
- We’ve signed on as sponsors for the 2011 Furry 5k, a fun race event in Seward Park June 12th that raises funds for the Seattle Animal Shelter. Bring your pooch, get a little exercise, and visit our booth for fun prizes and snacks.
- We donated goods and services to the Rainier Valley Chamber of Commerce 2010 and 2011 auctions for their college scholarship fund.
- We’re doing our part for Bridge-to-Beach Cleanup 2011 on May 1st, beautifying our immediate area and showing our pride in the valley.
- Dr. Monahan participated in Career Day 2011 at Washington Middle School in March.
- We offer a Green Discount of 5% to clients to walk, bicycle, bus, or carpool to their appointments.
Atlantic Veterinary Hospital has been part of this community since the 1960s when the practice was started on Atlantic Street (hence our unusual name on the West Coast). The practice moved a little south to Beacon Hill-Rainier Valley when the I-90 interstate was built in the late 1960s and has been at it’s present (and final) location on 23rd Avenue South for 22 years and counting. This vibrant, growing community is our home and it’s important to us, so we’re going to keep giving back.