Our doctors perform a variety of surgical procedures. If surgery is recommended, a pre-surgical examination is performed to assess your pet’s health and develop a customized anesthesia and surgery plan. Laboratory diagnostics may be necessary to develop the safest anesthetic regimen.
To provide the best care possible, an intravenous catheter is placed for all surgical procedures lasting longer than 10 minutes. IV catheters are used to administer medications and intravenous fluids during the procedure.
During surgery and recovery, a licensed veterinary nurse will carefully monitor your pet’s comfort, anesthesia level, and vital signs. Pets under anesthesia are placed on a special warming bed to help maintain their core body temperature during the procedure.
We use a multi-modal approach to pain management, providing appropriate analgesic medications before, during and after the procedure, specifically tailored to your pet’s needs and health.
Among the surgical procedures we provide are:
- ovariohysterectomy (spay) for female pets
- neutering for male pets
- tumor and growth biopsy or removal
- wound and abscess treatment and repair
- exploratory surgery and other abdominal procedures
- oral surgery
- medical declaw for cats (polydactyl or diseased claws only)
- ear flushing and surgical care
- minor eyelid corrections
- Atlantic Vet Services
- Wellness Care
- Rehab & Sports Medicine
- Cat Behavior Consultations
- House Calls
- Virtual Veterinary Consultations
- Urgent Care
- Affordable Wellness Plans
- Dentistry & Surgery
- Illness Care
- Day Admission Appointments
- Bathing & Grooming
- Hospice Care
- Medications & Diet
- Client Forms
“Love you guys!”