206.323.4433 2115 - 23rd Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98144

Posts Tagged: xylitol poisonous to dogs

Sugar-Free Products Containing Xylitol Can Kill Your Dog

A pet owner called us in a panic after their dog ate a chocolate-covered gummy bear. Since the ingredients weren’t listed on the bag or on the manufacturer’s website, we couldn’t determine whether the gummy bear was sugar-free, potentially containing xylitol. Xylitol is deadly to dogs, even in tiny quantities. After a dog eats a… Read more »

3 Dangerous Halloween Candies to Keep Away From Your Dog

Halloween is one of the most poisonous holidays for dogs. We humans leave bags and bowls of chocolate candy out, and our curious pups discover it and gorge. The darker and less sweet the chocolate, the more dangerous it is. So be extra careful to store unsweetened baking chocolate squares and semi-sweet nibs out of… Read more »

Atlantic Veterinary Hospital in Seattle serves the following neighborhoods: Mt. Baker, Columbia City, Beacon Hill, Rainier Valley, Seward Park, Capitol Hill, Leschi, Central District, Madison Valley, International District, and Georgetown.