We’ve listened to your feedback, and we’re excited to announce we’ve expanded both our weekday appointment availability and times, including adding evening hours.
Beginning in September 2021, our new weekday hours will be:
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 7:30am to 7:00pm
- Wednesdays & Fridays remain 7:30am to 5:30pm
Providing your pet with the best possible medical care requires a healthy, well-rested team. Thus, we have made the difficult decision to limit our Saturday hours to one Saturday per month (the clinic will be closed on other Saturdays).
During August, we’re winding down the Saturdays we are open, based on previously scheduled appointments.
We will be closed Saturdays, August 14 and 28.
Beginning in September, we will limit our Saturday hours to the second Saturday of the month from 8am-2pm.
Please plan ahead for your pets’ prescriptions and dietary needs.
These schedule changes have been very carefully and thoughtfully made with our staff sustainability in mind. Several factors during the pandemic have significantly affected veterinary clinics nationwide.
Beginning in May 2020, the demand for veterinary services jumped 50 percent.
Ramping up for this very rapid increase, while trying to keep our clients and staff healthy and happy, has been a tremendous challenge.
- Firstly, families purchased or adopted an unprecedented number of new pets. We’re grateful for this, because it means shelters were empty for the first time ever.
- Additionally, many folks have been home full-time with their furry family members and paid close attention to their pets’ healthcare needs. We’re thrilled pet parents are spotting potentially dangerous symptoms early on, but this has also contributed to the rapid increase in demand for veterinary medical care.
- At the same time, to keep everyone healthy, vet clinics implemented COVID curbside service, requiring additional time for each appointment, as well as additional staff.
- Finally, veterinary medicine as a whole has been experiencing a nationwide shortage of qualified veterinary staff.
Add all these factors have resulted in veterinary clinics and emergency hospitals nationwide being stretched to the limit, and many are turning patients away.
We’re working very, very hard to be there for you and your pet.
Urgent Care Appointments
We have increased our weekday appointment availability and will continue to hold Urgent Care appointments open every day to try to accommodate your pets’ acute care needs.
Additionally, we work in Emergency appointments, over and above our fully-booked regular schedule, to try to prevent referring pets to an emergency clinic for non-life-threatening conditions.
Day Admission Appointments
We also offer day admission appointments (aka, drop-off) for people who can’t attend their pet’s appointment due to other personal and professional responsibilities.
Day Telemedicine Appointments
Additionally, we offer day telemedicine appointments for selected medical conditions. If a telemedicine appointment is requested during our business hours, they can be scheduled with your pet’s regular doctor(s).
After-Hours Telemedicine Consultations
After-hours telemedicine consultations are also available 24/7.
How to Access Your Pet’s Medical Records Online
If your pet ever needs after-hours emergency medical for a serious or life-threatening condition that can’t wait until we’re open, it’s important to share your pet’s medical records with the ER doctor so they are familiar with your pet’s medical history.
Your pet’s medical records are readily available 24/7 from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone through our complimentary Petly Pet Portal.
To access your pet portal, use your email as your login and create a password – that’s all it takes! Each of your pets has their own page, tabbed down the side of the Home page.
We so much appreciate your patience as we continue to work hard to adjust to the “new normal.”
What hasn’t changed is our commitment to serve you and your pets with compassionate service, excellent medical care, and kindness.