Your dog or cat shouldn’t have to wait to feel better. We can provide prompt comfort and relief for conditions that aren’t serious enough for an emergency hospital, but are too pressing to wait for an appointment the next business day.
Urgent care is appropriate for non-life threatening conditions that cannot wait, but do not require emergency treatment and hospitalization.
Why pay for an emergency room visit if it’s not necessary?
We save a number of same-day Urgent Care spots in our appointment schedule every day. If your pet is experiencing an urgent situation, please give us a call and we’ll do our very best to work you into our schedule.
Typical conditions seen by Urgent Care
- Eyes – swelling, discharge, redness
- Ears – discharge, pain, odor, scratching, or shaking
- Coughing or sneezing
- Vomiting (minor or occasional)
- Mild constipation
- Change in urine color, frequency, or amount
- Straining to urinate, dribbling urine
- Change in amount of food or water intake
- Change in behavior (mild depression, anxiety, excessive sleepiness)
- Evidence of worms or fleas
- Minor wounds
- Facial swelling, licking, or scratching
A patient seen on Urgent Care requiring emergency care will be transferred immediately to Emergency Status or referred to a 24-hour veterinary specialty hospital.
* Medical emergencies can include, but are not limited to, conditions such as:
- Difficulty or irregular breathing
- Weakness or collapse
- Broken bones
- Trauma (hit by care, fall, gunshot wound, burns)
- Prolonged or multiple seizure
- Poison exposure
- Eating a foreign object
- Significant bleeding
- High fever
- Significant blood loss
- Significant wounds
- Repeated vomiting
- Inability to urinate or defecate
These are medical emergencies and should be seen immediately in our hospital or a 24-hour veterinary referral hospital.
- Atlantic Vet Services
- Wellness Care
- Rehab & Sports Medicine
- Cat Behavior Consultations
- House Calls
- Virtual Veterinary Consultations
- Urgent Care
- Affordable Wellness Plans
- Dentistry & Surgery
- Illness Care
- Day Admission Appointments
- Bathing & Grooming
- Hospice Care
- Medications & Diet
- Client Forms
“Considerate and compassionate people, as well as very knowledgeable. My cat's vet is wonderful!”