We are continually exploring ways to make Atlantic Veterinary Hospital more environmentally responsible.
During our remodel (which started August 1), we are incorporating an all-new energy-efficient HVAC system, smart thermostats and lighting, and possibly solar panels on the roof.
We already have many environmentally friendly systems in place:
- We use electronic medical records and are nearly “paperless.”
- We use digital X-rays, eliminating the use of the chemicals, silver, electricity and water used to develop traditional X-ray film (and greatly enhancing our X-ray diagnostic capabilities).
- Our appliances are Energy Star rated.
- We work cooperatively with the City of Seattle to decrease our electricity and water use by upgrading our lighting, plumbing, and appliances.
- We purchase “green power” from Seattle City Light.
- Office and cleaning paper products we use are made of 100% recycled materials.
- Our cleaning and laundry products (except small amounts of necessary disinfectants) are biodegradable and environmentally safe.
- We compost, reuse, and recycle everything we possibly can.
How You Can Receive a 5% Discount When You Check In
Energy use makes our biggest impact on environment. So, if you walk, ride your bike, carpool, or use public transportation to reach our hospital, we offer a 5% discount on outpatient services.
**Please advise us when you check in for your appointment that you are eligible for this discount.
And please, share your ideas with us about how we can continue to decrease our carbon footprint.